Sunday, February 11, 2007

Forgetfulness

Ever had a time when you could describe something, give vague details but for the life of you could not conjure the one detail that would make a difference? I'm having such a moment right now.

Years ago, when I was an avid reader of Uber Xena fan fiction. (No snickers from the peanut gallery.) I read this story about a widow who hires a landscaper to redo her yard. The widow is in her 40's or so, wealthy and has two college age children, the landscaper is in her 20's and lives with a guy friend. After awhile the two fall in love and begin having an affair which ultimately leads to the landscaper moving in. Now I remember all that, even the fact that the landscaper has a nipple ring, the widow has a dog and the widow's daughter develops a crush on the landscaper but I can't remember who wrote it or the title. ARGH!

Ring any bells with anyone?

No comments: